- Sleep on the floor for four out of six hours and call it a good night.
- Eat cheerios off the couch (or the floor!) and call it "cleaning up."
- Dress my child in clothes he wore yesterday because they're "less dirty" than the ones he was just outside playing in.
- Show another person his own poop.
- Show another person my own poop.
- Lure my child into the house after outside playtime by saying, "you can wash your hands in the sink!" like it's a special treat to wash your hands in this house.
- Use a stuffed rabbit puppet as a parenting "technique."
- Explain that farts are "just a gas" and that "no, you can't see them."
Tuesday, February 28, 2012
8 Things: I Never Thought I'd Do As A Mother
We all have pretty high expectations of ourselves as parents, I think. And, ultimately, that's good. There are some things, though, that you never in a million years imagined yourself doing. Here are just a few of mine. I never, ever, thought I would: